Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What is the best solution to use to get vegetable oil out of my carpet?

My daughter spilled a whol ebottle of vegetable oil in small puddles all over my living room rug! I doubt that standard carpet shampoo will cut through all that grease...I have a shampooer...Can someone recommend to me a detergent to use?What is the best solution to use to get vegetable oil out of my carpet?
Dawn dishwashing detergent is one possibility because it dissolves grease and oil so well. Another option is the carpet cleaner Resolve. I have used both and prefer the Resolve. Just spray it on, let it set a few minutes and vacuum. Resolve has no color to it while Dawn has blue dye.





Wishing you the best in 2006!What is the best solution to use to get vegetable oil out of my carpet?
You can try baby powder or powdered detergent.


It will soak up the oils.
DAWN dishsoap. is best because. be careful of carpet cleaning products that may contain even more oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment