Saturday, December 26, 2009

What can I substitute vegetable oil with in making brownies?

I have plenty of olive oil... will that work okay? I have vegetable oil, but it expired in February of 2007 - could I still use it and be okay?What can I substitute vegetable oil with in making brownies?
Olive oil has too strong a flavor to be put in brownies. I would imagine that your vegetable oil is probably ok. You could also melt the equivalent amount of butter or margerine and use that; 1 stick = 1/2 cup of oil. I always use real butter in my brownies, and they taste a LOT better, even if it does mean that I have to go easy because of the cholesterol!What can I substitute vegetable oil with in making brownies?
The expired vegetable oil is probably just fine. I would look at it and smell it, and if you see nothing wrong with it visibly and it doesn't smell foul, use it.





Otherwise, don't use the olive oil. Bad idea.
No - Canola oil will work though.
Applesauce.





For real.
I would use apple sauce..not sure with olive oil..does ur veg oil smell different? if it does I suggest you to dump it if not quickly use it in ur daily cooking..
Olive oil will change the taste of the brownies, probably for the worse.





Feb oil would be OK.
apple sauce. i always do, they are moister, taste better, and are healthier!
it should be ok, another substiute that I have used in the past is applesauce, I think it replaces the oil and the eggs. I used it with a cake mix though and not sure of it would go well with brownies. Also I think any other oil should be ok, like olive oil
applesauce
Applesauce
  • web hosting sites
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment