Saturday, December 26, 2009

Hello, can anyone tell me how to i remove a vegetable oil stain from paper?

The stain is from fried meat wrapped in tissue and accidentally packed next to an official document.Hello, can anyone tell me how to i remove a vegetable oil stain from paper?
I don't think that you can; it has already soaked and damaged the fibers; I think that you can just try to sop up the most to remove what is excess by pressing a paper towel on the spill to try to remove as much as possible to make it less visible.





P.S. As a paralegal, I can tell you better to have a legal document with a stain on it then one that looks like it has been tampered with. It wouldn't be the first one and won't be the last; I have seen coffee stained etc ; ironing may burn the original as well .Hello, can anyone tell me how to i remove a vegetable oil stain from paper?
Get some brown paper - like from a brown paper bag (not parcel wrapping paper) - hold it over the stain and iron the brown paper. With any luck the oil will be absorbed into the more absorbant brown paper.





Good luck
Try spreading cornstarch or another superabsorbent power over the oil stain.
It's hard to do that. Try using eraser but I'm not sure if it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment