Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is it possible to substitute butter with vegetable oil in a fruitcake recipe?

I could not find a vegetable oil-based recipe and I find butter too sinful.Is it possible to substitute butter with vegetable oil in a fruitcake recipe?
A good subtitute is ';tahina'; - a thick oil-paste made of sesame seeds. Iam sure you can find it at turkish/middle east. shops, maybe in your supermarket too.





E-mail me if you want recipeIs it possible to substitute butter with vegetable oil in a fruitcake recipe?
Hi, I have an excellent recipe for fruitcake using oil that I make every year and everyone loves it. Don't know if this recipe would fit in the required 300 characters allowed so you may email me at SFkidjj@cableone.net if you are interested. Report Abuse

no it will change the consistency of the fruitcake. As sinful as butter is if you want really good fruitcake use it.
you could... but it will taste awfull
I wouldn't. The fruit cake won't be as moist or be totally dry if you use vegetable oil. Butter isn't that sinful. It's even better for you than margerine, less trans fat.
no, use the butter, it is the festive season!
You can but the flavor will not be the same.
  • web hosting sites
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment