Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can I use corn oil in my quick-mix brownies instead of vegetable oil?

I once substituted the called-for vegetable oil with canola oil, and the resulting brownies had a hint of gasoline. Will corn oil be okay to use instead?Can I use corn oil in my quick-mix brownies instead of vegetable oil?
Its a healthier subsitute really . It shouldn't affect the taste at all , oh ya save a brownie for me please :)Can I use corn oil in my quick-mix brownies instead of vegetable oil?
Something else must have mad them taste like gasoline - Canola would not do that. Canola is a heart healthy oil and helps to reduce the bad cholesterol, as does olive oil. Yes, they can be interchanged in both cooking and baking.
Yes. Most vegetable oil is a blend of soy, corn, and canola oils, but corn oil will be fine-just use a touch less, since it is a heavier oil. Enjoy those brownies!
Many vegetable oils are made with or completely from corn oil. Corn is a veggie, so it will work just fine.
i have used corn oil and soybean oil to make my cakes and they have come allright so i guess it will be ok.
Corn is a vegetable so it will be fine.
Yes, that will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment