Friday, December 18, 2009

How should I dispose of used vegetable oil?

It has been sitting in the deep fat fryer for 2 mos at room temp.How should I dispose of used vegetable oil?
I dispose of my used oil the original bottle it came in. Of course, I make sure I used all of the oil first. I usually buy the large bottles with the reclosable caps and store it under sink next to the trash can. When it is full, I take it to the neighborhood recycling center. They have a container that you could dump your used cooking oil.How should I dispose of used vegetable oil?
The way I do it is that i store it in a good sized can, like a coffee can, or some form of metal container that i don't really care about. Then i drop it of at the little cafe/dinner next door to my office. I found out that they have someone come and collect it to make it in to bio-diesel (it's big where i live). I figured that since i ate ate this place almost daily, i would ask them if they would take my used veggie oil. Since they don't have to pay to have it removed, they were more than happy to take it. Plus this way i know that it is being recycled, and not just dumped somewhere. I'm not a greenie, but i do watch out on some things. Good luck!
It is illegal to dump it in any storm drain (OUTSIDE)


there is no sewerage plant on the street drain ..


do not dump oil in the sink IF you are on a septic tank..


if you live in a large city check on the restaurants..


you paid far more than $5.00 a gal for it ...???


and it COULD be re - refined just no one has done it..
Interesting, will be watching this one, LOL





I dump it down the drain where the garbage disposal is. I run hot water and dump alot of dish soap in it.
put it into an empty plastic container then seal the container, put in a bag and tie the bag then bin. last thing you want is it all to spill out into your bin!!
dont dump it in your sink. put it in another container, and throw it out
put it in a coffee can and throw in garbage or pour down an OUTSIDE drain

No comments:

Post a Comment