Saturday, December 26, 2009

Where can I buy FULLY hydrogenated vegetable oil?

I know that typically, a softer textured shortening is desirable for baking. Crisco creates this with a hard, fully hydrogenated oil blended with a non-hydrogenated one, while cheaper brands sometimes create the soft texture with partial hydrogenation. I want neither of those. I want the fully hydrogenated, hard one. And preferably not from the net. Thanks.Where can I buy FULLY hydrogenated vegetable oil?
They are usually from RAPESEED AND SOYBEAN source.Where can I buy FULLY hydrogenated vegetable oil?
The closest thing I can think of that you might be talking about would be lard...but it's animal fat, not vegetable fat. I can find it in the meat case of my local butcher, but not in the grocery. (Basically, it's not suet (raw animal fat), but the reduced cooked animal fat.)





Good luck in your search.

No comments:

Post a Comment