Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can you use olive oil in cookies instead of vegetable oil?

I have a cookie mix that calls for 3 T. of veg oil...I have about 1 T. here....can I combine that with olive oil so I can bake cookies? Also, what about egg beaters? Can I use them (no yolks in those) too? I think I should probably quit while I'm ahead but I want some cookies for my nephews when they visit. Any suggestions?Can you use olive oil in cookies instead of vegetable oil?
yeah i think you can. I personally only ever cook with olive oil ...... we dont own any other oil well we have cocunut oil i dont know if you have ever heard of it but yeah im a health freak so i cook all my cookies in olive oil. as for your other question its just fine to use egg beaters i didnt know anyone didnt use them thats all i ever use. so yeah i say deffinantly yes it will be just fine to do that and i know your cookies will turn out just fine ..... good luck!Can you use olive oil in cookies instead of vegetable oil?
Sorry, no. Olive oil has a unique taste that will definitely show up in your cookies. So, unless you are baking olive cookies, use a mild tasting vegetable oil, such as safflower or corn, or better still use butter! Yum. You could very gently melt 3 T of butter, to replace the oil.
Not unless the kids like olives, because that's what the cookies will taste like. If you had light or extra-light olive oil, it would be fine because that stuff doesn't taste like olives, but you're probably talking about EVOO. Do you have shortening, margarine or butter? Any of those would work.





You can use egg beaters instead of eggs. But not in place of oil (as if you really needed to know that.)
Olive oil will definately change the way they taste. I would suggest using apple sauce instead. Combine the 1T of veg oil with 4T of applesauce (double what it calls for) the taste will be closer to using veg oil than it would be to sub. olive oil. Although they will bake up just fine, they will taste.... ';earthy';.


Good luck!
Only if it is a light one, taste and colorwise. Many Italian and Spanish recipes do use olive oil. The egg beater is fine, also.
Go ahead and use it. I do all of the time...especially if that's all you have and don't feel like making a grocery store run : )
yes it makes cakes really moist too!! it will make the cookies softer check out the link below hope this helps
As long as the olive oil isn't virgin or extra virgin, it should be ok.
Of course you can.





Yes, yes.
i do and they taste fine. sometimes you just have to improvise with what you've got
yes
never hurts to try!
  • web hosting sites
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment