Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can I substitute olive oil for vegetable oil in a cake mix recipe?

I wouldn't recommend it because olive oil tends to have too strong a flavor. It might be OK if you have the extra light olive oil though. If your oil has a lot of green color to it, I'd say definitely not.Can I substitute olive oil for vegetable oil in a cake mix recipe?
yesCan I substitute olive oil for vegetable oil in a cake mix recipe?
You can, but I think it tastes nastay! I think butter would be waayyy better!
Don't. Unless you want your dessert to taste like olives. Olive oil is too strong a flavour to be used in baking. If you don't have veg oil, sub melted butter or margarine instead.
if you do you must be tasteless
sure, olives are a vegetable.
Olive oil is very healthy, but very strong in flavor. So, unless you want your cake to taste like olives, stick to regular vegetable oil.
No, I wouldn't. They have two different uses. You can, however, substitute the same amount of applesauce. Many people do this now to lower the fat in cake recipes. You can't tell the difference.
If it's a very light extra virgin, I've heard of people doing it. It's not my favorite way.
Yes, just make sure it's not extra-virgin olive oil as that leaves a strong taste.
  • web hosting sites
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment