Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do I get the smell of cooking oil (coconut and/or vegetable oil) out of the house?

Is there anything I can do - other than opening winows - to get rid of the lingering smell? Spicy cooking oil is not exactly stinky, but i'd rather the house smell nice and fresh! Has anyone had success with an air filter?





Thanks!How do I get the smell of cooking oil (coconut and/or vegetable oil) out of the house?
I use the Home Care Air Purifier / Ionizer by Soundesign. I usually turn it on when I begin cooking so the smells don't drift through the house. Have used this for 10+ years. Wouldn't try to live without it!! Works in minutes! Works well also if you have guests who smoke.How do I get the smell of cooking oil (coconut and/or vegetable oil) out of the house?
Fabreze (spelling?) is the bomb. Use it on curtains, carpets, upholstery, any cloth that absorbs the oily odors near the kitchen.
i do alot of frying for my kids and what i usually do is burn insense.
here is what I do all the time-I fry alot of fish, so know what you mean. When you are frying, keep a small saucepan of fresh lemon and water boiling on another burner, The steam from the lemon gets caught up in the oil, so house will smell of lemon (or grapefruit, limes) When you are done frying, spray all around the house with a mixture of 1/2 water, 1/2 hydrogen peroxide and a squeeze of fresh lemon. works for me I get little spray bottles at wal mart to use for the spray
light a match from the living room on back
  • web hosting sites
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment