Friday, December 18, 2009

Can I burn straight vegetable oil in my diesel engine?

I am wondering if I can burn straight vegetable oil in my diesel engine without having to mix it or anything. Also I would like to know possible disadvantages of it.Can I burn straight vegetable oil in my diesel engine?
Yes you can, but first the oil must be CLEAN and have NO water in it. Filter the oil through a fine filter, 2 microns is good (a micron is a hundredth of a millimeter) and let it sit for about 2 weeks. Then you need to heat it up to at least 160 degrees F so that it can be injected and burned efficiently.Can I burn straight vegetable oil in my diesel engine?
Check out capegreenauto.com there are some great links on that site too, I have run my car on veg oil for years and have had no trouble, they are pro's and can answer any questions you have. Report Abuse

im sure you can but you shouldnt because it will leave you engine really dirty inside... good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment