Friday, December 18, 2009

Can I use peanut oil instead of vegetable oil?

My brownie recipe calls for vegetable oil but I am all out. Can I use peanut oil instead?Can I use peanut oil instead of vegetable oil?
Both peanut oil and olive oil have a distinctive flavor. Vegetable oil is pretty tasteless and that's why it's recommended most often for baking.





*Can* you substitute? Sure you can! But it might give your brownies a very different flavor. Something to think about :)





Hope that helps!Can I use peanut oil instead of vegetable oil?
Peanut oil works great. It will add a slightly nutty flavor but other than that, it works fine. I have used it several times in a pinch when I ran out of vegetable oil.





You can also use the olive oil.





If it were me I would use whichever was cheapest in the brownies so you could use the more expensive one for whatever you intended it for in the first place.
I would use peanut oil before olive oil. Olive oil is better for you but like me, I have strong taste buds and can taste things and when i cook with Olive Oil and I don't like that taste in baked goods. I would use peanut oil, I love peanut oil and use it more than vegetable oil. I personally don't think is taste any different than vegetable oil.
Yes you can use peanut oil, it does have it own taste, so it's up to you. However, with the amount of allergies going on and there severity, I would probably buy some veg. or canola oil. If your really in a pinch and live in a big city, ask your neighbor, they may have just what you need.


Have fun...
No def not. The taste would be terrible. Olive oil is usually fine to use but there may be a slight difference to taste. dont tell people you are using olive oil and they will prolly not notice. but no never use peanut oil instead of vegetable oil. I'm a cook in a nice resturant so trust me on this.
I'd use butter or Crisco, if you have it .....unless you have light olive oil. But extra-virgin would give the brownies a weird flavor.....
peanut oil no i wouldn't use it but olive oil is fine. i've used that in cake recipes it should be fine! good lcuk!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment