Friday, December 18, 2009

How to dispose of used vegetable oil from a deep fryer?

I have a home model deep fryer, I think it says it hold 3 quarts, either way it is a lot, what is the best thing to do with this to dispose of it?





I don't think down the garbage disposal would be a good idea, any thoughts?How to dispose of used vegetable oil from a deep fryer?
You should pour it into a jar or similiar container and then put a lid on it and put it in the trash. If you pour it down a drain, it will most likely eat up the pipes.How to dispose of used vegetable oil from a deep fryer?
I put mine in a old coffee can with a lid, then throw it away. I've never heard of recycling used cooking oil, so it would be safe to pitch it!
You could ask a friendly local resturant or bar if you could add to their collection barrel. Or bury it.
If you fry things often, pour the grease into a container and keep in your refrigerator. I have done that for years. As I fry things, the oil diminishes, and I add fresh. It never goes bad. If you dont fry often and want to get rid of it, then read the other answers because Im really not sure what the best way would be. I keep mine.
poor it in glass jars then throw it away. pooring it down the drain clogs pipes and creates mass sewage problems
you can always store it in a container and turn it in to your local recyables, some of them pay for it, some of them take the charity, either way its free to get rid of
If you have a compost [sp] pile in your back yard dump it in there becuase its organic i guess its organic it wont hurt the ground. and it will asorb

No comments:

Post a Comment