Friday, December 18, 2009

What can I substitue for vegetable oil when making muffins?

I'm about to make muffins. I need a half cup vegetable oil, but I only have about a tablespoon. What can I use as a substitute for the remaining vegetable oil?What can I substitue for vegetable oil when making muffins?
If you have a stick of butter or margarine, it will serve your purpose nicely. Same quantity as the recipe calls for. Melt it in the microwave for 30 seconds or so and pour it in you batter.What can I substitue for vegetable oil when making muffins?
You could try using melted butter or cream or even full fat milk/buttermilk or vegetable shortening or margarine.
Use the oil you have then finish the required amount with applesauce, taste good and is less fattening, hey it works don't knock it till U try it!


U can also use melted margarine. butter/ or shortening, what kind r U making??
apple sauce.
You can substitute an equal amount of applesauce for the oil. You won't be able to tell and they will be healthier.
You can try sour cream or mayo. Even applesauce will work.
Applesauce. I baked some this morning and substituted the oil by using the same amount in applesauce. Came out perfectly.
When making white or yellow muffins I use unsweetened applesauce. When I make chocolate muffins I use canned pumpkin. It does not change the taste. As an added bonus it makes them low fat.


You can also use butter or margarine.
Melted butter should work okay, if need be. It WILL raise the fat quotient by quite a bit, though. You've got a tablespoon... you need about 7/8ths a stick of butter, then.
You can use yogurt too!


I make brownies with raspberry yogurt instead of the oil...its great!
Apple sauce or if you want less sugar use pear sauce.
margarine or butter will do
I see no reason why you just couldn't substitute butter

No comments:

Post a Comment