Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is there a substitute for vegetable oil for making a cake?

It's Sunday and we don't want to go to the store however, we planned on making a cake but have no vegetable oil. Any substitutes?Is there a substitute for vegetable oil for making a cake?
A healthy substitute is applesauce.


No one will notice the difference :)


I sometimes use it if I want to make a delicious cake without feeling guilty about all the fat in it.





Good luck.Is there a substitute for vegetable oil for making a cake?
A very healthy alternative is applesauce - I do it all the time since I have soy (oil) allergies. Whatever the amount of oil it calls for - use the same amount of applesauce. Comes out very moist.
Substitutes:


corn oil


OR safflower oil


OR melted shortening





(I would use canola oil if I had it)
just look for a recipe that takes margarine instead of oil. there are also recipes that use miracle whip to make a chocolate cake- just check you cookbook.
Any oil can be substituted, but the flavor might be different. And I give credit to the applesauce suggestion--that's a good one. It gets a thumbs up!
do you have any other type of oil? Even extra virgin olive oil will work, if not use melted butter, it will be very rich with a nice buttery flavor.
applesauce
uses margarine all the time melt first
butter%26gt; melted

No comments:

Post a Comment