Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can I use Olive oil instead of Vegetable oil in my Chilli recipie?

I wonder,


And what spices are in a chilli seasoning mix?Can I use Olive oil instead of Vegetable oil in my Chilli recipie?
Yes you can even use bacon grease if you have any, though it'll be worse for your arteries than using olive/canola oil would.





If you want to go nineteenth-century style on the cooking fat for your homemade chili, you can use lard.





A skillet is a pan with low, straight sides and yes, you most definitely CAN use a pot for chili making. In fact using a pot is the recommended method for making chili.





The spices used in the mix vary from brand to brand but they generally use some type of dried chile, salt, pepper and a couple other spices. Use several different brands to find a flavor you like or use actual powdered chiles, like powdered anchos, along with other spices you like for the flavor.Can I use Olive oil instead of Vegetable oil in my Chilli recipie?
You're welcome. Although I said I've had three years experience making chili, that only counts the time I;'e been living by myself since my mom died. befpre she died, Mom used to help me make the chili by doing all the prep work, including cutting the veggies up. Report Abuse

Yes you can use sunflower oil instead of olive oil.


Chilli flakes, red wine, salt and pepper, red kidney beans, onion, garlic, tinned tomatoes and tomato puree.


a skillet is a saute pan but you can use an ordinary saucepan with no problem
Of course you can use olive oil. (or any oil, as long as it is 'vegetable', such as corn oil, or sunflower oil, or peanut oil)
Grapeseed oil has the least taste of all oils I've ever tried,and is very heart-friendly if those are concerns.
Sure! I season my chili with chili powder, garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper, comino (cumin), and some guinness.
Sunflower oil is fine. Olive oil will give it a sweet taste - some people prefer it.
Yes u can use olive oil but good quality is way more expensive then other oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment