Thursday, January 7, 2010

If I pour vegetable oil in my yard what will happen?

Yeah I need the guys who use the vegetable oil to stop by my house.





I have a lot of used oil cause I use a fryer. If I dig a little shallow hole and put the oil in the hole what will happen? Will it just degrade after awhile?If I pour vegetable oil in my yard what will happen?
Vegetable oil is not harmful to the earth and yes, it will deteriate. But used/burnt oil is carboned %26amp; not good. Where ever it was dumped, even weeds won't grow there for a year (longer, depending on the amount dumped). It is best to pour into a coffee can with kitty litter to 'thicken' %26amp; have it disposed rest of household garbage.If I pour vegetable oil in my yard what will happen?
Yes it will degrade, but you can sell it to someone who can use it to make bio-diesel. At least you'll recover some of the money you spent on it.
It will degrade eventually if you pour it down a hole, but if you have a dog it may dig it up to eat it. Why not just put it in a contaner like an old vegetable oil bottle or pop bottle and put it in the trash? Easy way to dispose of it.
Why would you want to contaminate your soil...oil will find its way to your water source....call your local garbage people and get rid of it responsibly...
  • web hosting sites
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment