Thursday, January 7, 2010

Do you add vegetable oil to canned soup while heating it on the stove?

Last time I heated canned soup (yes, I am that lazy) it tasted a little burnt. Even when I turned the heat on low, it still had a peculiar taste. Should I add a little bit- say, a tablespoon of vegetable oil to the chicken noodle soup I'm making?Do you add vegetable oil to canned soup while heating it on the stove?
be sure you are stirring it as it heats, or it will burn on the bottom. If it's burning on the bottom and you stir it afterward, all that stuff will get into your soup. I wouldn't add oil to it, I don't see what good that would do. Try heating it in the microwave if your still having problems. That's how I always do it.Do you add vegetable oil to canned soup while heating it on the stove?
that might just be the brand of soup your buying (their recipe). you normally add some water to canned soup, if you like a lighter flavor. i put a little butter in mine too.
No. It won't help the taste.
Why would you add oil? What would that do for it?





Do NOT add oil it will just sit on the surface.
no, just heat it up slowly instead of quickly and it will taste fine

No comments:

Post a Comment