Thursday, January 7, 2010

How do you dispose of vegetable oil from a deep fryer?

I have a green bin could I put it in there?How do you dispose of vegetable oil from a deep fryer?
If you're throwing it out, then yes, use the green bin. It is food, so is biodegradable.How do you dispose of vegetable oil from a deep fryer?
If you plan on re-using it, pour it in a measuring cup then pour it back in the bottle.





If your throwing it out, I usually get like 2 to 3 plastic bags to double it, pour the oil in a measuring cup then pour it in the bags and tie the bag up so it doesn't leak in the garbage can or take it outside to the garbage.
Not a good idea for the green bin.





Get a sealed container and dispose of in the regular trash.





Deep fryer oil can be strained and reused. Just run the oil through a fine mesh strainer, and store the oil in a well sealed container, in a cool dark place.
I usually put it into a jug and then put it into the bottle from the oil I replaced it with (if that makes sense lol) and then I just put in my general waste bin.
Empty it into a empty milk carton with a funnel, tape the lid to the top and stick it in the rubbish!





hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment